Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

On Living Without the Internet

Written October 1


My current apartment doesn't have internet…um yeah. This is a new mode of life for me. I'm used to all the information I need at my fingertips, easily accessible.  Now I have to visit other places, use the French keyboard on Sylviane's computer, live without Hulu and blogs and Google. I've been getting well acquainted with the contents of my itunes and with the PhotoBooth on my mac. (Maybe someday I'll share some of the ridiculous videos I've been making. is ) But it's making it much harder to search for apartments, look up the bus schedules I need and communicate with new friends when French cell phone minutes are very, very expensive (think one Euro for two minutes).

It's making me very grateful for the internet, but also reminding me that I can spend time doing other things….like my dishes…which I am off to do now!

P.S. I figured out another result of no internet: I write really detailed blog entries….which then cannot be uploaded. Once I start working, this flood of information will probably cease, so enjoy it while you can.

4 comments:

  1. i am enjoying it while i can! =0)

    the french keyboard is different??? like how? how are you watching House and Glee if you has no hulu???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check it out: French Keyboard

    And I can watch House and Glee because I have internet in my new apartment and I'm smarter than the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, did you find french hulu???

    ReplyDelete