Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Girl with Too Much Free Time

{In case you were wondering how I amuse myself
 so far away from family and friends.}

Sometimes I open up Photo Booth and notice that the yellow scarf and the pearl earring that I have on makes me feel a little...Dutch, maybe?

So I spend the rest of the evening trying to recreate Girl with a Pearl Earring.
{This painting belongs to Jan Vermeer, not me.}
Unfortunately, my apartment and my mac don't have Vermeer-quality lighting.
But it still amused me for quite some time.

Then I wondered what the painting would have looked like if that mystery model had a twin:

{A conjoined twin, perhaps?}


Or if she had run into another artist, rather than Vermeer:
{Say Picasso...}
{...or Andy W.}































Or, if she went a different direction with the scarf:
{Vogue Hands}
Or if watching too many hours of America's Next Top Model had convinced her that a long neck and emotional eyes make her a model:

Don't you wish you were here, so you could hang out with me and my awesome scarf?

P.S. Major props go out to Erin, my fabulous cousin and the purchaser/gifter of this scarf. Bet she thought it was just going to keep me warm and fashionable.  Little did she realize its entertainment value...guys? Anybody still here?  Oh, it's just me who is really entertained by all this ridiculousness?

5 comments:

  1. No, not just you - thanks for the laughs! Working on plans to come see that scarf in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny and I just love you for it! Speaking of gifted scarves... I love the ones you gave me and Mom does too! She has worn the purple one several times :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it., I'm just sad that we weren't doing this together. I've been really slacking lately on reading your blog, but I'm catching up now. Promise. Can't wait to skype tomorrow, I've got some big news =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I was a little behind on reading your blog, but I love this and you! I am glad that my gift is a great source of entertainment (thanks for the props). I miss you tons and hope we can chat this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, this is very much something i would do. if i had a mac w/ photobooth and regular access to highspeed internet. i have the bored thing in abundance though. i love you and your silliness!

    ReplyDelete