Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Music Monday

I wish you were all here with me. Then when I find interesting photos, songs and other randomness on the interwebz, I could shout, "Come look at this!" and just show you. And then we could go to the patisserie and buy eclairs and eat them walking along the Seine. And after that we could sit in a little cafe with tiny cups of coffee and enjoy my favorite sport: people watching.

Don't you want to come over and play?  I wish you would. I'd even make you crêpes with Nutella and take you to see the Eiffel Tower.

Until then, I'm going to share my fun finds here. Like a lovely new group I discovered on YouTube the other day: Elizabeth & the Catapult. Their music is a little folksy, a little jazzy, and little pop. If you like Ingrid Michaelson or Kate Nash or Matt Nathanson, you'll probably like this band too. 

These are two of my favorite new songs. Try them, you'll like them!









Have you discovered any new music/artists lately? Or do you have a recommendation for an-oldie-but-goodie? Shout it out in the comments.


3 comments:

  1. can't wait until I am there to eat eclairs and listen to music with you. - love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Me too! can we just eat eclairs and Nutella the whole time? Maybe some Peanut Butter and Nutella??
    As far as music goes... Sister and I went to see Country Strong (good movie) and the music from it is super fantabulous! Gwyneth Paltrow, Leighton Meester, and Garrett Hedlund all sing in the movie and were really good. Do you still like country? Can't remember... and when I saw the name of the band you discovered I thought it was your way of send us things... like you were going to catapult things across the pond :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. did i ever tell you about Pomplamoose?

    http://www.youtube.com/user/PomplamooseMusic#p/c/F125407272F3C1A4/12/fYy2p_0DVMU

    and you must know about She & Him, right?

    http://www.sheandhim.com/#/splash

    ReplyDelete