Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Dieu Merci C'est Vendredi...

{Thank God It's Friday}
And it's:



Today Fun French Friday is celebrating it's first anniversary (because I missed last week...Sorry).  You know what the first anniversary is, right? Paper.


Paper in France is lined...BOTH WAYS!  {You might call this graph paper, but, for me, that recalls high school math...*shudder*}

This is my cahier, or notebook:
The french students have one for each subject. They are full of paper like this:


I'm still trying to figure out how to write on it...

The French all have impeccable penmanship. It's gorgeous. Sometimes slightly unreadable because, to my American eyes, their fours look like sixes and their capital T's look like C's. But lovely. It makes my chicken scratch look even more, well, scratchy.  I'm hoping the extra lines on the paper are the magical secret, cherishing foolish hopes that by the time I'm done in France I'll have loopy, lovely handwriting too. Along with gorgeous hair, timeless style, and a French pout.

I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

  1. I recommend nice pens. This always helps me with my penmanship because I take my time and WANT to have nice hand writing. Possibly a calligraphy pen if at all possible. They are alot of fun. But I would be so confused with that paper as well. Why not just have lines going one way??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea B! I'm always in a hurry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog! You do have timeless style and beauty...the pout? Well, I believe it is possible :-). Thanks for keeping us posted and able to learn along with you. Love ya! PS the paper doesn't look very "Mind Map" friendly, but hope it gives you that beautiful penmanship you are seeking. ;-)

    ReplyDelete