Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

À la Foire!

{Or in Search of Fried Foie Gras on a Stick}


I found no Fried Foie Gras, or Escargots on a stick.

But there were beignets (donuts), 
{Filled with salted caramel butter...I overdosed on the Nutella last week.}

churros (with Nutella, of course),
{Thanks for modeling the churros, Kirsty!}

Taffy? Marshmallows? (we didn't try this one, and we weren't quite sure),
{This carnie knew I was snapping a pic, so he put on his happy face}

and, finally something on a stick, Pommes d'Amour.

(Note: Doesn't "Apples of Love" sound so much better than "Candy Apples?")
{I promise, not all my pictures in France will be of food. Just most of them.}


And yes, the Fair, which is one of the biggest in France, also had rides and games:








































And hamster balls:



I might just have to go back and try those.

4 comments:

  1. good thing you were so skinny when you went to France, all that good food :) Thomas wants to know if that is a carmel apple or a chocolate one? "I see that you had fun, fun, fun, fun, fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun" said Thomas "fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun" " Did you go in that ball in the water?"
    love, mom and Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lise, just caught up an all your posts hard to believe my little girl is so far away but still so close. Glad the world is full of good people to help but keep an eye open for those "creepers". Love you lots Dad
    Hugs and bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love you both. Tell Thomas I had a chocolate covered apple. My friends Kirsty had a toffee covered one! I did have that much fun, but I didn't go in the hamster ball in the water.

    Don't worry Dad, I'm always careful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lise

    I like how you spell your name now.All that food looks delicious. Those hamster balls look fun. Yesterday i went to solo and ensemble and got a 1 on both of my solos. I miss you and love you lots.

    Wish I was there. Love Hanna

    ReplyDelete